Friday, December 31, 2010

Lets Get This Thing Started...


 Here is a beautiful picture of the real Hawaii, Big Island, Hilo Town.

  Welcome to our Blog site. The site will be a spot for me to compile pictures and stories about a very special place I was lucky enough to discover. On this site we will be sharing the many pictures and stories I have from the four visits I made this year and the many more we will have in the upcoming year. Please feel free to commet, share your stories, pictures and join us in our learning.

My fantastic journey started two years ago when I went on a small vacation to Ohau. I have always been amazed by Hawaii and was on a search for a small sailboat docked in Ohau. Hawaii is not sailor friendly and after many nights searching on craigslist, I stumbled on a ad for a "Cabin In The Jungle" and bought the cabin sight unseen.

The first visit there was the trip of a life time and opened my eyes to a Island I was not prepared for. The ruggedness, the beauty, the waves and the people. Where do you start to explain such a place. Right here!
The "Cabin" In Hawaiian Acres

 As I start this blog I find it easy to dream about Hawaii when I am sitting in the Janurary cold of Texas. I miss being on this island so much...and the next trip is looking like the end of Feburary to first of March. But until we have the new content we will go back through our pictures and stories and get thoses up and available.
 I look forward to this as it grows and takes on its own life, until then I will kick some life into these internet pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment